July 8, 2010

Week 10: ZZZZZZZZZ

This week, I was hit with the cold that my children received. Looking back, it was starting to creep into my system on Sunday, but I was too much in denial to recognize it. Once again, my exercise has been minimal this week. as my cold symptoms ramped up, Eric left for three days to attend his Grandpa's funeral, which is never good for any kind of diet. I tend to get more stressed out, have less sleep and rely on food as my comfort. Seriously, in the past, I have consumed a half gallon of ice cream in two days when he has been gone. This time was not as bad, but I did overdo it on the sweets during a swim lesson party hosted by the kid's swim coach. She is a really nice woman who teaches lessons from her pool around the corner, making swim lessons at two different times tres convenient for me. There were a LOT of sweets and I was feeling tired and harassed by children who have been quick to take offense, slow to listen and slow to forgive. I blame it on the heat, which is another factor in weaknesses. I had to wait until the kids were awake in the mornings before I felt comfortable walking Jacques with Eric gone. By 7 a.m., it is in the 90's. By 8 a.m. the temperature usually is around 100. The heat sucks any energy you have, so most of my walks with Jacques have been very short and not very fast. The heat also creates cravings for cold, sweet dairy products, especially around 3 p.m. I have moved my orange-banana protein shake as a lunch meal, adding a little bit more ice to make it a smoothie rather than breakfast because it is so refreshing.

Good news:
* I didn't gain weight.
* I didn't really binge at any time. I am getting full with smaller portions.
* A pair of shorts that Eric bought for my birthday two years ago that I couldn't snap are now snug. I am wearing them this week to remind myself to bypass hunger a bit and leave the table not satisfied (as opposed to hungry).

The result for this week: no weight loss, 34 to go.

No comments: