May 6, 2012

OH Happy Day!

Several years ago, when we were still living in Illinois, my kids over a period of time confessed their sins and asked Jesus to be their Savior and their Lord.  I led at least two of them in that prayer--whatever you want to call it.  Right before we moved to Arizona, my oldest was baptized in the same church in which she was (figuratively) born and (literally) dedicated to God and she is now starting to make this faith her own as a soon-to-be teenager.  Today, Kyle and Jessi took their next step of making their faith their own in getting baptized in our new church, Redemption West Mesa.  My husband had the honor of asking them to confirm their faith and of dunking them.  My feelings on the matter can be summed up by the Steve Fee song, "Oh Happy Day (You Washed My Sins Away)

Oh happy day, happy day!
You washed my sins away.
Oh happy day, happy day!
I'll never be the same.
Forever I am changed!

My apologies for the poor quality of the pictures.  I forgot my regular camera and had only my iPhone.  As I get better pictures, I might update this site.  
Kyle before baptism, answering questions about his faith.  Note the death grip on the sides of the tub.

Preparing to be dunked!  Note the death grip on his dad's hands.

Reborn!  A new Kyle!

Jessi before baptism

Preparing to be dunked!

Reborn!  A new Jessi!
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."
2 Corinthians 5:17


(Jesus said) "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand."  John 10:27-29

2 comments:

Jennifer Dougan said...

Tandeming troll,

How exciting!! I love seeing my kids and other kids grow deeper in their faith. How exciting.

Regarding your comments at my site, it is amazing how raw the Bible is in so many places, huh? I love that we can't shock God.

Hm! That part in Amos where he is called a trouble-maker sounds interesting, you're right. I'll have to read that again soon. I'm making my way there again soon -- finishing up Ezekiel now. Micah too, hmm...

Fun to hear what you are reading and thinking about, thank you. How are those prayer request issues going too, by the way?

Jennifer
www.jenniferdougan.com

Jennifer Dougan said...

Tandemingtroll,


The blend of biological moms and friendship/locational moms is a wonderful thing. With my mom overseas for much of my adult life, I understand that well. I am thankful for all of those women in your life. :)

Thanks for the prayer updates too...
Jennifer
www.jenniferdougan.com