April 6, 2012

Beautiful, Scandalous Night

 This song probably counts as a "Golden Oldie" in the CCM world :-). This version is sung by Sixpence None the Richer and Bebo Norman on the album "City on a Hill:  Gathering."  However, I love the blending of words that seem to be opposites. The song reminds me that nothing is impossible with God. He can blend justice and mercy, power and love, our free will and His sovereignty. He has made a universe so complex that after studying it for thousands of years, scientists are still baffled. And only He can wash us purely clean with the blood of His son, Jesus Christ.  Worthy is the Lamb who was slain!

But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.  What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.  Phillipians 3:7-9

No comments: