July 31, 2008

It is getting batty here

This is not a metaphor. Last week, as Eric and I were going to bed, we heard a bat chattering just outside our window. Then, last night, while we were enjoying the music of Beethoven at Ravinia, I spotted at least two bats flying around our area. I guess with all the water we had in the spring and early summer, hunting is good for the bats. I personally love the idea of bats being around here because that means less mosquitos. It is also fun to watch bats flying around because they fly like birds that have had one too many beers.

On the home front, it is hot and Elizabeth has a middle ear infection, which means we can't go swimming. I guess it means we will go out and play in the early morning and late afternoon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope Elz is feeling better soon. Stay cool.